Equipped with a refinery and petrochemical complexes located in its own Rayong industrial zone, IRPC is an integrated petrochemical pioneer in Southeast Asia. The zone fully contains infrastructure and basic utilities supporting industries, including a deepsea terminal, oil tank farm, and a power plant.
Below is a business description of IRPC: petroleum, petrochemical, and supporting businesses.
Consisting of ADU1 (65,000 bpd) and ADU2 (150,000 bpd), IRPC’s oil refining unit commands a total capacity of 215,000 bpd. The refinery (the third largest in Thailand) yields LPG, naphtha, gasoline, and diesel. Its Lube Base Oil Group 1 plant (with the largest domestic capacity) boasts a total capacity of 320 KTA, whereas an associated asphalt plant’s total capacity is 600 KTA.
IRPC is also a producer of raw materials for well-known rubber process oil, whose quality has won international quality acceptance under the Terramaxx brand.
IRPC’s upstream products consist of olefins (1,221 KTA capacity) and aromatics (367 KTA capacity), both serving as downstream feedstock. Sold under the POLIMAXX brand to domestic and international plastic manufacturers, polyolefins consist of HDPE, PP, and polyol (940 KTA capacity); and styrenics (ABS, SAN, EPS, and PS) (334 KTA capacity).
IRPC’s petrochemical business strives for growth and keeping pace with global change, developing the quality of life, together with enhancement of international competitiveness by inventing and creating innovative styrenics products, namely Green ABS, ABS powder, impact modifier–MBS, anti-dripping additives, and anti-bacterial products, and innovative polyolefins, namely UMHW-PE, polyolefins catalyst, baby-bottle polypropylene, and antimicrobial compounds.
Power and public utilities
IRPC provides electricity, steam, and basic public utility services along with other public utility systems, including sale and lease of land for industrial purposes, and other land.
IRPC produces, sells, and provides services for electrical and public utility systems as described below:
- Electrical: 22 Kv, 115 Kv electrical systems, 25 Bar, 45 Bar steam systems. A gas-fired combined heat and power plant is in place, as is a 328-MW coal-fired power plant. An energy dispatch center controls power and steam distribution for maximum stability, and a loop line transmission system constantly boosts power consumption system security. During turnarounds, the plants has continued to distribute power for more than 1,700 days with zero blackout since April 19, 2012
- Water: Filtered, demineralized, cooling, raw, and firefighting water for industrial purposes. IRPC is given a raw-water quota by the Royal Irrigation Department and has its own 5-million-cubic-meter reservoir along with two water filtration works at Amphoe Ban Khai and IRPC Industrial Zone for the security of industries through continued supply
- Pneumatic: Nitrogen, instrument air, and plant air for industrial purposes, produced by IRPC’s own unit. IRPC also allies directly with leading pneumatic industry producers
- Wastewater treatment: The membrane bioreactor plus activated carbon adsorption (MBR Plus AC) system contains very efficient bioreaction processes operated under a stable system. Treated water commands quality that regularly passes standards in order to boost the confidence of communities and the environment in a sustainable way.
Port and tank services
These services consist of ports or terminals for transfer of domestic and international cargoes. This is a deepsea area of the Eastern Region at Amphoe Muang, Rayong, featuring infrastructure, facilities, and international-standard dock services. Available services include liquid tankfarms for petroleum products and petrochemicals along with modern management systems that are both efficient and safe. Tankfarm facilities located in different regions, namely Rayong Oil Depot, Phra Pradaeng Oil Depot, Ayutthaya Oil Depot, and Chumphon Oil Depot accommodate customers’ needs, which supplement the competitiveness of the industrial markets in Thailand. Below are the service details.
- Bulk & container terminal (BCT): At 900 meters long and 44 meters wide, the six sub-wharfs handle vessels ranging from 800 to 150,000 DWT, serving general cargoes, including iron ores, palm shells, coal, granite, fertilizers, and infrastructural items. The current annual cargo volumes exceed 2 million tons. The terminal handles over 260 vessels a year.
- Liquid & chemical terminal (LCT): This petrochemical-liquid & petroleum terminal handles petrochemicals, liquid petroleum, and gaseous cargoes. At 1,623 meters long, the port features six sub-wharfs, handling vessels ranging from 1,000 to 250,000 DWT. The annual cargo volume is about 15 million tons (more than 2,100 vessels).
- Tank farm service: Service is provided through more than 300 tanks for liquid petroleum and petrochemical products with a storage capacity of 2.9 million tons, designed to accommodate IPRC’s oil product distribution and third parties alike. Equipped with efficient management systems of international standards, IRPC’s team is also experienced. Four IRPC oil depots are located in Rayong, Phra Padaeng (Bangkok), Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, and Chumphon. Each depot features a jetty to accommodate cargo transfers for efficient operation and merchandise distribution to save costs and shorten transport time.
IRPC Solutions provider business
This is designed to provide full support to investors in IRPC Industrial Zone along with skilled and professional personnel so that their businesses may grow in tandem with those of IRPC, particularly thanks to extra convenience and service speed. IRPC’s services are described below.
- Maintenance services: Services are provided by experienced, specialized, and skilled teams engaging in the petrochemical business, oil refining, power generation, and other plants, services consisting of plant, machinery, metering instrumentation, electrical maintenance as well as engineering inspection
- Analytical laboratory services: Equipped with laboratories referenced to ASTM, ISO, DIN, JIS, and AWWA international-standard testing methods, IRPC commands quality assurance systems that are precise and credible. Sophisticated test gear and computerized control programs are in place, certified by ISO/IEC 17025, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001, with around-the-clock service
- Calibration services: IRPC’s calibration laboratory and its Metrology Center have earned ISO 17025 certification and are equipped with advanced equipment and highly experienced calibration technicians performing international-standard procedures and methodologies. IRPC can issue calibration certificates for all equipment that are verifiable against national standards
- ICT services: IRPC provides ICT services and consultation on systems for all components of businesses, with ICT infrastructure service data center service, ERP/SAP consultant & service, and an ICT training center
- Engineering services:: Services consist of engineering design, planning and estimating, project control, project procurement, documentation and reports, and project management
- Logistics services: These include transportation services, warehousing and distribution center, and customs clearance
- IRPC Safety Standard Center (ISSC services): This center offers industrial-standard safety training
- Truck scale services: Truck scale services: Truck and trailer weighing with advanced standard equipment located in IRPC Industrial Zone
- Materials and Corrosion Center (MCC service): Metallurgical services are available along with sophisticated equipment, consisting of failure investigation, materials and corrosion consultancy services, plant corrosion survey and assessment, corrosion monitoring system, corrosion testing, and technical support service packages.
Asset management business
IRPC manages high-potential land in Rayong and other provinces with a total acreage of some 12,000 rai to develop such land into EIZ (Eco-Industrial Zone) projects, including land for industries and highpotential land supporting industrial economic sector expansion that accommodates the Eastern Economic Corridor Development Project (EEC)-an investment promotion policy under public policy. Three groups make up this business.
- Industrial zone project: IRPC Eco-Industrial Zone, Amphoe Muang, Rayong: This project is current full of infrastructural and public utility systems, focused on becoming the hub linking the ecology and production chains of materials or upstream products, consisting of an integrated refining and petrochemical industry, heading for the downstream petrochemical industry and direct downstream industry-the heart of modern industries accommodating advanced technological industrial groups.
- Industrial estate project: Rayong Industrial Estate (Ban Khai), Amphoe Ban Khai, Rayong: IRPC won approval for joint undertaking with the Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand in developing this industrial estate to accommodate futuristic industrial groups, consisting of next-generation automotive and smart electronics industries.
- High-potential land: High-potential land: Large plots of development-potential land, Amphoe Chana, Songkhla, of about 2,200 rai, with a potential for development into areas supporting industries and into commercial areas to accommodate enlargement of the deepsea port development project and public-sector power plants. This includes other high-potential land in Rayong, Chiang Mai, and Lamphun, which are of smaller acerage and where development plans are upcoming to grow their values through sale or through lease for agricultural purposes, commercial buildings, housing estates, and management for land tax purposes.